“Give us the house – if God fills it, God will not abandon it!”
– Saint Jeanne Jugan
Here’s how you can help renovate the Jeanne Jugan Residence and care for 100 elderly men and women:
We must raise $3,500,000 this year to complete necessary renovations to the Jeanne Jugan Residence without affecting our regular operating budget. Can you help us by pledging a regular monthly donation or even a one-time gift?
Planned renovations include:
- Upgrading the fire alarm system for the protection of our Residents
- Replacement of all the windows in the home with new,energy efficient windows.
- Repair of masonry where loose mortar is allowing water to seep in and destroy the brick.
- Replacement of our 40 year old boilers with newer and more energy efficient models.
- Testing and updating the electrical panels to ensure their safety and efficiency
Please consider that:
Following in the tradition set by St. Jeanne Jugan, we do not accept endowments or receive any other regular source of income. Saint Jeanne Jugan believed that by being poor, we are completely free to rely on God’s Providence for all our needs.
Although we accept Medicaid and Medicare to help meet our expenses, we must still rely on other sources of income for over 55% of our operating budget.
Gifts of less than $100 make up approximately 85% of our income from individual donations. Everyone can help make a difference!
These are some of the ways that you can support our mission at the Jeanne Jugan Residence:
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the Little Sisters. Make a purchase at AmazonSmile, choose Little Sisters of the Poor of Washington, D.C. as your charity of choice, and support our mission.
Donate a “gift in kind”: both businesses and individuals can donate needed items such as food, personal care items or office supplies.
Planned giving: by including us in your estate plans, you can help to ensure our survival into the future. Many people simply leave something for us in their wills, but there are a number of different ways to help. Please contact your financial planner or estate attorney to discuss the best option for your situation. Let them know that our legal name is: Little Sisters of the Poor of Washington, DC, Inc.
- Workplace giving: find out if your company has a matching gift program. We are also members of the Combined Federal Campaign. Our CFC agency number is 53116.
- Consider making a gift in honor or memory of a loved one.
- Little Sisters of the Poor is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity. Our tax I.D. number is: 53-0227542.
- Donations are tax deductible to the extend allowed by law.
For more information on how you can support the Jeanne Jugan Residence, please contact Heather Cave, Director of Development. Heather may be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 202-269-1831.