We assist the Little Sisters of the Poor in their mission of hospitality by welcoming the elderly poor, making them happy and caring for them until death. In our varied roles, we contribute to the family spirit and the daily life of the Home, following the example of Saint Jeanne Jugan. With that thought in mind, we invite you to consider a career with the Little Sisters of the Poor.
The Jeanne Jugan Residence is like no other retirement home you’ve ever visited. We understand that we have the privilege of providing care and hospitality to 100 elderly men and women who have a lifetime of memories and experience to share with us.
To ensure that their daily needs are met in the best way possible, we employ a full range of nursing staff, administrative professionals, rehabilitation, social service and activities professionals, and facility engineers.
Ideal candidates for employment with the Little Sisters will understand that by working here, you become a partner in our mission to provide loving and respectful care to the elderly. In our daily interactions with the Residents and other staff members, we strive for a positive and helpful “can do” attitude.
If you are interested in a position with the Little Sisters of the Poor, please email your resume to email@example.com or contact our Director of Human Resources, Dionne Jackson, by phone at 202-269-1831.
Current Openings (revised 12-7-16):
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Full-Time: Night Shift to Include Every Other Weekend
- Part-Time: Evening Shift, Every Other Saturday and Sunday
- Part-Time: Night Shift, Every Other Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- PRN: Day, Evening & Night Shift
- Must have at least 1 year experience or more as a CNA in Long Term Care
- Must possess a DC License
- Part-Time: Day Shift, Every Other Saturday and Sunday
- Part-Time: Night Shift, Every Other Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Part-Time: Night Shift, Every Other Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- PRN (As Needed): Day, Evening, & Night Shift
- Must have at least two or more years of experience as a RN in Long Term Care
- Must possess a DC License
- Part-Time: Every Other Saturday & Sunday from 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. and as needed (any day of the week), 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. or 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- High School graduate or equivalency
- Well-groomed, patient, courteous, customer service oriented
- Able to speak, write and understand English and have a pleasant speaking voice
- Hearing is adequate to perform telephone usage and converse
- Display calm, levelheaded nature especially in emergencies and at busy times
- Able to treat Resident's and Home information with confidentiality
- Make decisions displaying good judgment
- Part-Time, Benefit Eligible: Night Shift, Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Able to identify potential problems related to safety & security of environment
- Make rounds in all areas of the Home and grounds, checking areas are secure
- Answer phones courteously & promptly, and transfer messages to proper parties
- Maintain confidentiality of all Resident, departmental, & organizational information
- Follow all safety, security, exposure control and hazardous waste policies & procedures
- Report suspicious person/information to supervisor immediately
Please check back often for current employment opportunities.
“It is a great grace that God has given you in calling you to serve the poor.”
– Saint Jeanne Jugan